Start-up energy! Come join us!
If you are meticulous, have a passion for numbers and looking to jumpstart your accounting career, then this is a unique opportunity for you to become a part of a hyper growth start-up.
In this role as an Accountant, the main objective is to support the Finance Team in achieving the ambitions of the scale-up. You will be trusted with your knowledge and experience and will work together with the Finance Director. In addition you will support our HR department approximately 20%.
Your responsibilities include the following activities:
- Ensure deadlines for month-end close and financial reporting requirements are met and all accounting and reporting activities are performed in accordance with the accounting policies of Axelera AI.
- Recording and validating all kinds of transactions (payroll, capex, leasing, intercompany transactions, etc.) and other information in accordance with the appropriate accounting standards (IFRS) using the accounting system (NetSuite);
- Maintain financial and administrative internal control policies and ensure that they are appropriate, accurate, current, well documented, applied consistently and in accordance with applicable accounting standards (IFRS).
- Analyze and review balance sheet items, mainly open accruals, prepayments and P&L results.
- Processing invoices and receipts, checking and recording payments, etc.
- Preparing, processing, and recording bank transactions.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Corresponding with vendors and responding to inquiries.
- Processing Intercompany transactions.
- Helping in implementation of ERP system (NetSuite).
- Controlling and performing the monthly payroll for all countries. You interact with payroll providers and external (tax) consultants.
- Supporting our HR department in advising on the level of salaries, pension, insurances, budgets and all secondary employment conditions.
- Together with our HR department developing and implementing a market-based employment conditions policy that matches to our work and organizational culture and ensuring the adequate application of this policy.
- Prepare reports on strategic workforce planning, work expenses scheme and costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Economics, Finance or equivalent with 2-3 years of accounting experience in a medium/large size organization.
- Strong technical accounting skills are necessary for success in this role.
- Ability to work in a structured way, detail oriented, take ownership and hands-on mentality.
- Intermediate Excel skills are required.
- Experience with and knowledge of ERP accounting software, and all Microsoft Office applications is required. NetSuite experience is preferred.
- Fluency in English and Dutch.
- You don’t have a problem to executing and maintaining recurring activities.
Who we are
Axelera AI is a truly European deep-tech Start Up company which is developing a game-changing hardware and software platform for AI at the edge that will make the industry more integrated, efficient and accessible. Our mission is to spread artificial intelligence for a green, fair, trusted and safe world enabling new application of AI in diverse sectors like smart cities, retail and other markets. Our company is a spin-off from a multinational deep-tech group and is backed by a strong syndicate of institutional investors. We have an extraordinary and international team of top talented researchers and developers working in the headquarter in Eindhoven (NL) and in the branch offices in Leuven (BE), Zurich (CH) and Pisa (IT).
What we offer
Take the chance to become part of a dynamic, fast-growing, international organization. We offer an attractive compensation package, including a pension plan, extensive employee insurances and the option to get company shares.
An open culture that not only supports creativity and continual innovation is awaiting you. Collaborative ownership and freedom with responsibility is characteristic for the way we act and work as a team.
Great! We are looking forward to receiving your application! Feel free to contact us whenever you have any questions or for further information @Lieke van Kessel, HR Business Partner +31646364518. For further information on Axelera AI please also have a look on our website: www.axelera.ai